Lift Chair Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for a patient to qualify for insurance coverage on the lift mechanism of the chair.The patient is responsible for the remainder of the cost of the chair.
- Does the patient have severe arthritis of the hip or knee?
- Does the patient have a severe neuromuscular disease?
- Is the patient completely incapable of standing up from a regular armchair in his/her home?
- Once standing, does the patient have the ability to ambulate?
- Have all appropriate therapeutic modalities to enable patient transfer from a chair to a standing position been tried and failed?
Note: Insurance will not pay for lift device if patient is in a nursing home.